Energy Efficiency Certificates or (Energy Performance Certificates) in Spain were introduced via a European directive on 1st of June 2013 and affect anyone..
What are they and whats needed?
- Energy Efficiency Certificates or (Energy Performance Certificates) in Spain were introduced via a European directive on 1st of June 2013 and affect anyone who is letting out or selling a Spanish property.
- An Energy Efficiency Certificate must be obtained before a property is marketed or advertised, as defined in the articles of the Royal Decree.
- These certificates are graded by how energy efficient your property is and The Ministry of Industria makes it compulsory for all new and existing homes which come onto the market, whether for sale or rental to have a EEC certificate.
So what is the procedure to obtain one?
- Our architect is a certified EEC assessor in Tenerife and will need to visit your property to inspect and to measure the property to obtain the required information for certification.
What paperwork is needed?
- The architect will need to see a copy of the property Escritura (title deeds) or Copia Simple.
- The property “referencia catastral” (the Catastro reference number ) is also needed in order to issue the EEC. It would normally appear on a IBI bill.
- A copy of the property owners Passport & NIE.
- The property owner will have to sign an authorization.
How are they rated?
- The Energy Efficiency Certificate is a report that describes how efficient a home is in terms of energy consumption and range from “A” (most efficient) to “G” (least efficient). (Please note: it’s a grading and not a pass or fail inspection)
So what will need to be inspected?
- Our energy efficiency surveys will be conducted by a certified Architect who would visit the property.
- The survey will involve an assessment of the type and age of the property, building materials that are used, windows, insulation and taking into account the energy consumption, which includes the energy consumed in heating, refrigeration, ventilation, lighting and the water heating.
- Our architect then inputs the information into a software program which performs the property energy efficiency rating.
How long are they valid for?
- The Certificate and its corresponding energy efficiency label are valid for 10 years.
Is there a fine for non compliance?
- Yes the fine for advertising a property without a energy efficiency eertificate ranges between €300 – €6000 depending on the level on infraction.
How much do the Energy Efficiency Certificates cost?
- Please Contact us and one of our agents will be able to advise you for a no obligation quotation.
How long will the inspection take?
- The duración of the inspection takes between one and two hours depending on the size of property.
When would we get the Certificate?
- We can supply them pretty quickly within a week after completing the inspection, currently we have a 2 or 3 day turnaround.